1. To look at: nhìn
e.g. He’s looking at the cat.
2. To look after: chăm sóc
e.g. I have to look after my grandfather.
3. To look something up: tra từ
e.g. Let’s look this word up in the dictionary.
4. To look back on: nhìn lại (quá khứ)
e.g. You should look back on what have just done.
5. To look down on: xem thường
e.g. He seems to look down on me.
6. To look up to: tôn trọng, xem trọng
e.g. You must look up to the deen.
7. To look over: kiểm tra, xem xét
e.g. I’ll look over how the machine works.
8. To look over: bỏ qua, tha thứ
e.g. It’s time to look over John’s faults.
9. To look out! Cẩn thận
e.g. Look out! The car is coming.